NTLDR is missing

Copperhead

In Runtime
i built the computer in my sig about 2 weeks ago and its' been running fine.

today i wanted to set up my printer so it was able to print from my sister's laptop. once i finished i restarted my comp and after it when through where i have the option to go into bios it comes up with this error

"NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

i need some help ive tried everything
thanks

You can try this:

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

Computer Hope.com

k i have a couple questions

1. how do i kno my administrator password
2. how do i find out which letters my cd drive and my hdd are

If you didn't set a password during installation, don't enter one.

Check in BIOS for drive letters? Not sure on that one.

aright thanks for ur help

im just gonna reformat the hdd (i have two, this one is the one with xp on it and all my other programs so ill still have my bigger hdd with music and videos n stuff)

I had this same error. I googled it and found a program that loaded off a floppy that would get you by this error and load windows. I still have the floppy somewhere.

NTLDR is .dll file ,, try to copy this file from system32 folder and paste it in to the folder whr u hav installed printer program. hope it works,,

Back
Top Bottom