NTLDR is missing, I have a temp fix, need a permanent one

i want a laptop

In Runtime
So my friend's computer on boot up gives him NTLDR is missing, and his computer is loud as hell.

Well his PSU fan was vibrating worse than what some women use as pleasure devices. Screwdriver, old PC fan I have, soldering iron, my sick skills, and 10 minutes, all is fine with the noise issue.

Got the NTLDR thing to do still...

Well I got a temp fix right now.

Got a floppy disk that boots up and has a boot.ini file on it, set the timeout to 1 so that kinda works. But I want to have this thing boot from the hard drive. I am charging my friend for this fix, and I don't have to make him pay me for a shitty floppy fix.

I have tried copying ntldr and ntdetect.com from the windows install CD in the recovery console shit, and I did fixboot and fixmbr. None of which helped.

So do you guys have any ideas on what to do for this trash?

Thanks.

PS-The system specs, just to say.

500mhz Intel CPU-Slot CPU
192MB RAM
CD-ROM drive
6GB IDE WD hard drive from 1999.

Yes I know, it is shit, and it runs XP, terribly though.

Nope. I could hook its hard drive up to my computer though, don't want to, it is screwed in with screws on the other side of the case that I can't remove and I don't know how I would remove em...

Did a excersize test and a in depth test or w/e on that boot CD. Both give me some error like something is screwed up contact your HDD manufacturer, 0x70 I think is the error code. I think this hard drive is close to dieing. Any ideas on how to repair the sectors or something?

Back
Top Bottom