*Now* I understand McCain and Palin

the reason people are excited about Palin is she is extremely conservative and will bring in change more change then you can imagine lots'o change. wow i can write for obama. seriously she gets vote of outdoors men, right wing nut jobs, and she will get some of those crazy Clinton followers (they are insane) and all the pervs in America.

A choice between the Giant Douche and the Turd Sandwich.

I think both these candidates suck, but I'll vote obama since I don't like Palin at all, and McCain looks like Bush 2.0. Last thing we need is another republican.

Not to say that I think obama is the best thing, just that he sucks less than the other guy.

the reason people are excited about Palin is she is extremely conservative and will bring in change more change then you can imagine lots'o change. wow i can write for obama. seriously she gets vote of outdoors men, right wing nut jobs, and she will get some of those crazy Clinton followers (they are insane) and all the pervs in America.

how would the perv's vote for her? If she was under age I could see that, but shes like 40. There is nothing wrong with that.

There's absolutely no need for personal attacks against any nation. You've already voiced your opinion on the United States. There's no need to further emphasize it.

You've never envied Californian weather? ;)

California has one of the strictest building codes and regulations in the world. Crappy housing doesn't cut it here.
Envied the Californian weather? what you mean having so much sunshine that you all likely get skin cancer, have so much sunshine that you have very little water in the state and have to have strict water controls all the time and low pressure showers?

(no, I also don't envy the weather that third world nations with a similar climate have either)

also, (i'd have thought that you;d have realised since you claim to live there) California isn't really the mid west is it? he specifically said that housing in mid western states was what he considered poor.

perhaps this is the biggest problem with the world, people just don't listen, you too the post out of context, wrote a hot headed reply, that wasn't even really relevent to the first post anyway!

do the Iraqis want us (and you there)...
well, this is a difficult one. most iraqi's polled would suggest different things for a variety of reasons.
1, whilst Saddam was in power, most average iraqis (ini iraq) would have said everything is fine. for the same reasons most zimbabweians don't critisise ZaunPF or suggest directly that 1,000,000% inflation is directly the fault of the president. in case it's not obvious enough that reason is, given the choice of living a reasonably healthy but uncomfortable live, or living a very short tortured life. *most* people will say whatever is necessary to have the nice elongated life.

2, when the statue of the dictator was toppled, there were hundreds of citizens that took off their shoes and whipped the effigy, this is a great insult, so I think that we can assume that at least those people didn't want the former dictator back.

3, Most iraqi citizens do actually help the foreign military to defend agains the insurgents, in fact most people who know what they are talkign about say that they couldn't possibly do what they are doing, and would b in a dire state of affairs if they weren't being helped by the citizens, who frankly want it to be over, (i imagine that they are getting a little tired of living in a war zone and seeing their loved ones die).

on the flip side there are arguments for people who don't want forign militaries there liberating people...

1, to the family of *refugees* who went on national TV to say that Saddam was alright and the war/invaison was wrong. frankly if iraq is/was so peachy then fuck off back there, if it's that great then you don't need your refugee status, I know that the former dictator is dead, but I'm sure that the US could arrange an equally vicious dictator -it's been done plenty of times before.

2, there are those who previously had a good deal -they had a vested interest in keeping things as they were.

3, there are some who just disagree that tey needed sorting out. especially by a country that has ideals so far from it's own.
I should imagine that if another Arab country had invaided with the same mantra of liberation and freedom from dictatorship that there would have been far less insurgency problems.

oh and I never get to use this picture -until now. -this is the real problem most people have with america being in iraq, it's not that they've done good there, it's not a vicious dictator has been deposed, it's not that people have died, it's the ideas of capitolism that they bring with them.

Mcdonalds_war.jpg

to crappy bob, I don't imagine many canadians are bitter towards america. they (canadians) get the best deal, they are the only land attached country that can just walk in and out freely of the country, going wherever the hell they like, they have military protection from the US, they are canadian, therefore not american, -and by comparisson everyone loves the canadians.

Envied the Californian weather? what you mean having so much sunshine that you all likely get skin cancer, have so much sunshine that you have very little water in the state and have to have strict water controls all the time and low pressure showers?

It was a joke. Don't take it seriously.

also, (i'd have thought that you;d have realised since you claim to live there) California isn't really the mid west is it? he specifically said that housing in mid western states was what he considered poor.

I never quoted from that post, did I? Here's the sentence I quoted.

I have never envied the US lifestyle, what with hot weather, ugly cars, crappy housing, terrible healthcare system, sensationalist media, paranoid fear of the arbitrary terrorist bogeyman, and low salaries.

From his post, I doubt he's talking about the midwest alone.

Back
Top Bottom