Nothing on Screen, One Beep

stuiedaman

Baseband Member
I just put together my computer after all the parts arrived. I plug it in with hdmi and nothing comes on the screen, still no signal. All my parts are brand new (excluding psu and case) and all the fans are running. My build is in my signature. Also, upon startup there is one, short beep. Thanks!

Depending on which type of BIOS your motherboard uses (AMI, Award, Phoenix, etc...) it could either be a RAM issue or a video issue. Try reseating the RAM or trying just one stick at a time, different slots, etc...

Depending on which type of BIOS your motherboard uses (AMI, Award, Phoenix, etc...) it could either be a RAM issue or a video issue. Try reseating the RAM or trying just one stick at a time, different slots, etc...

I got it working. The drivers for my graphics card didn't install? IDK. I went ahead and plugged it into my mobo hdmi for the time being and trying to get it started and install the drivers within the os with the included disk. I'm now having a new problem and will post that in a separate post. Should I delete this one since it is now useless to me and everyone else?

EDIT: oh and by the way I found in the BIOS the one beep means a successful boot up. LOL. never heard of that setting

I don't think you can delete posts unless you're a moderator or something. Besides, this thread could be useful to someone in the future who has a similar problem and searches the forums.

Back
Top Bottom