Notebook not so upgrade

desdichato

Baseband Member
Hi All,

A few weeks ago my M11X notebooks screen separated from it's hinges but the cabling was intact and at that time it would still work, I was somewhat annoyed (to put it mildly) by this and my first thought was to dismantle it and give the ram and HDD to the local mens shed (a group of retired guys who do odd jobs for the community) and started to do so, however I had a second thought and decided to use this notebook as a terminal and do any downloads on it, keeping the server I am building isolated from the net.

I thought that I would do the notebook up by adding a 1tb drive and double the ram to 8gb, unfortunately the larger drive was about half as wide again as the original drive so would not fit in the "cage" but the ram was not a problem and was soon mounted, I dug out the original drive and put it back in, BUT when I powered on for the first time since installing the ram and putting the original drive back in earlier today a blank white screen came up almost straight away and it didn't do any of the usual booting.

Any suggestions....oh before you ask NO I have not reformatted the original HDD.

Thanks

P

Back
Top Bottom