notebook graphics card

maanico1

In Runtime
hey, im looking to upgrade my vaio pcg-k23's video card from its base 64mb(i think) to about 12... i checked out crucial.com but i dont know what exactly im looking for in terms of all the techie stuff... can anyone take a look at this and tell me what they think or perhaps rec. some good ones... i like the price cuz i dont have much money between this and a stick of ram... thanks for reading http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.asp?imodule=CTV9250128MB&cat=Video+Card

That's not gonna work for a laptop - it's meant for a desktop. The video is almost definitely hardwired into the motherboard and nonupgradeable.

You cant upgrade the major components of laptops as of late, no ones been able to agree on a system like in desktops

laptops are all about bunching it all together and making it small and portable, Thats why you cant switch parts in and out, they keep getting smaller and smaller

so what can i do to make my laptop a little better... rams still upgradable rite? btw, does anybody know how much ram installation would cost at best buy perhaps

DON'T DO IT!!!!!! Best Buy charges about $80 to install RAM, I think. It takes less than a minute to do yourself. Best Buy rapes people for their money. Just make sure you get the proper type and speed RAM.

ya like spank said u really dont need someone to install the ram for u, its very simple it usually involves taking a small plate off the back and slotting it in, read ur manual and it should tell u

Yes, and also make sure you set it up in the proper configuration. For example, I know my laptop (a VAIO PCG-FRV25) can take only one of three configurations: two 256MB sticks, one 256MB and one 512MB stick, or two 512MB sticks. Yours will probably have a limited number of configurations as well. Again, check the manual or the manufacturer's website.

i just checked the stats on my computer and i was just wondering if anyone knew why i have 448 mb of ram... is it one of those difference in measurement or do i have a weird config of ram

Back
Top Bottom