Notebook Battery Problems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

martind

Beta member
Hi All,

Hope you can help me!
I have a HP Compaq nx9110 Notebook PC. When booting up it cut out before it is fully booted, as if the power supply is cut. After trying different combinations of AC, battery etc, I discovered that it works fine with the battery removed and just running on AC power. When i insert the battery it cuts out again in a matter of seconds! Up until this the battery seemed fine. The problem started happening when I ran some HP updates! I thought I may need to update the BIOS also but this didnt resolve the issue. After updating the BIOS do I need to do something else or is it a different problem entirely??????

I'm Lost

get a new battery.....its probably dead....same thing happens with lithium ion on ipod and iriver......it runs a year...and then....4 hours of charging yields 5 minutes of power....

Boot is one of the most power hungry processes.

Also, many laptop use this configuration
AC -> Battery -> Laptop
Which is sort of stupid since your charging the battery and the laptop is running off of it...

The power from the AC connection has to run through the battery before powering the computer. This is obviously not true if the battery isn't there, however. If the battery is totally fried though, the power won't transfer through and well, won't really work.

Never run the laptop on AC power while the battery is connected. It will kill the battery life. Don't run it while you are charging the battery either. You will overcharge the battery, which will damage it.

Ok, maybe it is fried!!

is there any way to check without actually going out and buying a new one??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom