Not sure whether it's worth replacing...

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
my Phenom II X4 925 is using the stock cooler at the moment. I dont know anyone else who uses stock coolers, which i suppose leads me to believe that they are often insufficient. Now, im sure the fan is pretty much the same as the old single-core CPU fans they used to use way back when, and i've got a feeling if it wasnt for my overkill case fans i might have problems. So, do you think its worth replacing the stock AMD cpu cooler?

using this mobo: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS M4A78LT-M LE

Socket AM3, and this CPU

AMD Quad Core Phenom II X4 925 2.8GHz Socket AM3 - Retail

EDIT: also, feeling the pinch recently so im trying to keep costs down. Looking for a good price to quality ratio.

Do you even know what temp it's running at, for one?

Ask yourself that before you invest in an aftermarket cooler.

Check in the BIOS to see if there's a temperature readout there. The temperature in the BIOS is based off of 80 to 85 percent load if I remember correctly.

It doesn't look like you have an overheating problem. Is the noise annoying enough to spend the extra money on an aftermarket CPU cooler?

After looking at your CCFL thread, you should get a new power supply before a new cooler. That thing is a mess!

After looking at your CCFL thread, you should get a new power supply before a new cooler. That thing is a mess!

hehe, well i think i said somewhere in there that my GX650 is awaiting replacement. (old house, surge guard broken.. you get the picture)

the wires on the GX650 are alot longer, and fit down behind the mobo tray. I did tidy it up a bit with a load of cable ties when i replaced my 200mm fan.

Back
Top Bottom