Not sure where to post this

cyras21

Beta member
I have an anoying problem with my computer. Something keeps trying to access my defult email program. I'm not sure what program is trying this. I'm using 2 firewalls and routinely scan for spyware. How can I find out which program is trying to access the email to stop it?

If you dont know what program it is or even if it is. Why do you think somethings accessing it. How is it "accessing it".

here's what's happening. While I'm sitting here doing whatever, the default mail program will open. I had it set to yahoo for a while so I'd get about 25 IE windows opening to the sign on page of yahoo mail. I've recently changed it to outlook express so now I only get the one open but it's still a pain in the ass. I'm using Norton internet security and the default windows xp firewall. I use adware to scan for spyware. So imagine yourself sitting at your com browsing a page and then individual IE pages opening so fast you can't close them. You just have sit back and wait and then close them as a group. Thats what's happening. Any ideas?

Well to get around this, i would do an old fashion trick i learned before pop-up blockers came along.

ok, when a I.E window pops up, right click the window/and go to properties.

get the location and copy it ,by right clicking it
example:"http://www.anoining popup.com"

then go to internet options in the control panel.
once there/ go to privacy tab/ then edit box.

then in the box on the top left : right click & paste...
then click the block box.

if you do this for every window that pop-up, you will get them all.....i know this may sound like a long way of doing it....but it works.

hope that helps.

getting pissed

I tried the right clicking and pasting in the privacy tab of the internet options. The page still pops up even when blocked. How is this possible. One page that is causing the pop ups is yahoo. any other ideas?

Back
Top Bottom