Not sure on a title..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitze105

Daemon Poster
Hey just wanted to kinda say something..
I started here a while back wondering why my computer was broke! I had no idea what a firewall was much less an antivirus company or any kind.

I've been improving, i have learned the basic of html, hijackthis fixing, virus cleanups, and C++. I have read about networking, firewalls, viruses, spyware and much more. No.. i am not saying that i am good.. i am jsut saying that i am happy that i am learning so much. I am also not bragging, i am doing 2 main things...
1. I am asking for any positive suggestions
2. I am also asking people to post things related to this..

Again i am NOT BRAGGING i just wanted to say that i haven't done that bad of a job.
-blitze

Oh that's good

I have no idea how I got into computers, but C++ makes me want to kill people.

Learn more about networking. IMO, there is probably only 3 networking pros here that actively post (no, I dont count myself as a networking pro).

I see a lot of unanswered posts go by in the Networking section, that I dont get a chance to even read.

I cant say that you have posted a bunch of useless crap because you arent on my ignore list...

A bit of the problem is people rarely go into the networking forum. I want to get into networking though, but the only place I know how to start is on a CCNA course, that I will put my name down for in a years time.

I do have packet tracer 3 on my pc, but I have no idea where to start on that.

Trifid, if you are looking to get your CCNA, then I would suggest getting a CCNA study guide. I use the Sybex CCNA book by Todd Lammle, and I think that it's pretty good.

I also suggest taking a night-course (if you already work or go to school, etc).

I took my CCNA training through a daytime program (that also prepared students for a variety of other vendor certs) for a year.

Now my CCNA test is booked for the 16th!!!

My school does it, in 6th form (can't think of american equiverlent) so I would be doing CCNA instead of a A level option. I will also be using up another A level option to try out a new course they are doing with computer hardware.

I can get the information I need from school, as they don't do passwords through cookies at school, so I can go onto the school website to get to the passworded bit at cisco.com where there is a revision guide thing there. I can only get there at school though.

I will look into that book though.

No has almost nothing on networking

But you need General PC knowledge as well

CCNA is the cisco one right?

CCNA is the Cisco one, yes.

But you need General PC knowledge as well

Thats true. You usually dont get a straight router-and-switch job, its usually routers, switches, server, workstations, printers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom