not really offtopic but re: AMD/ATI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that would mess up ATI if they tried to resell it, I don't think they would of course with what I have been reading. If they resold ATI it would be with entirely new ppl I would think...and maybe the prior ATI ppl would spin off a new GPU company. :D

Maybe IBM would buy ATI and revamp it too? hehe

And I don't quite know about this supposed claim of the new AMD chips being twice as fast as the Intels...I think that's claiming too much...and hopefully it won't be a stretched claim like old apple ads "twice as fast as PCs" *in photoshop gaussian blur. :p Or I was thinking....what if they picked up on this and formed an AMD/Apple only alliance? And AMD chips would only work with Apple OSes...that would be interesting (or not).

I'm waiting for ATI to get its act together. It would be nice if IBM took them over. They have great potential but no matter how great your product, the business behind it better be good.

I too am looking forward to seeing the AMD/ATI FUSION chips being released to see the impact on the different market segments where it could be utilized.

I'm waiting for ATI to get its act together. It would be nice if IBM took them over. They have great potential but no matter how great your product, the business behind it better be good.

Yeah right......

IBM is staying clear the SHIFT8SHIFT8SHIFT8SHIFT8 away of the hardware market as they can make more money in the Business and Coporate sectors, and just be outsourcing every one else's technology.

And I don't quite know about this supposed claim of the new AMD chips being twice as fast as the Intels...I think that's claiming too much...and hopefully it won't be a stretched claim like old apple ads "twice as fast as PCs" *in photoshop gaussian blur. :p Or I was thinking....what if they picked up on this and formed an AMD/Apple only alliance? And AMD chips would only work with Apple OSes...that would be interesting (or not).
Umm, AMD actually said up to 40%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom