Not only MY computer...

Holysky

Fully Optimized
My computer and my dad's computer are having annoying issues. His Computer never messes up. Well we both randomley freeze out of nowhere and our computers stay unresponsive. We both bought the same HDD at the same time....

We are both suspecting it is the same MOBO considering we both have the same one, except mine is SLi

250/500GB HDD's

650i chip set motherboards...

My dad tried a different HDD and now it says that the computer has to shutdown to prevent damage from being done to his computer.

He has a 9600gt

I have a 6200FX

Well, you just can't go swapping HDDs around without running into problems if they have an OS installed on them. If you suspect a bad drive, simply go to the manufacturer's site and download their drive testing utility.

We can't get on for 5 mins w/o a random freeze

We both reformatted, i forgot to mention.

Check the heatsinks, make sure everything is seated properly. Could also be a memory issue.

How are you getting on here?

Oh i am over my moms house and i am using a pc that i can't d-load anything on....

I reseated the RAM and took some out and all of that. I did a memory diagnostic test and it came out fine, but idk about my dad.

Just a guess, but how about ambient temperatures? It IS summer, so maybe your rooms are getting mighty hot and both computers are slowing down or freezing (although I don't know if the symptom matches the problem)

Also, are you both running on the same home network? Same router?

wow, thats rough holy

recheck all ur connections... EVERYTHING...basically almost reput the computer back together...

Checked it all

nah we all have aftermarket coolers and fans and crap. he stays at 30'C and me 28'C ambient.

It is kinda cool having someone in your family that knows crap about pc's

did u ever think to check for viruses?

but ya, wish i coulda had someone around me that knew something about PCs to help me out when i am in a jam, but, since i dont, i joined CF ;) lol

Back
Top Bottom