Not me Officer, it`s the other Guy

Internet Explorer has always been a slow, resource hogging piece of crap. Firefox is absolutely awesome! Very fast, easy on resources, and supports every site. Great security, updated frequently! Firefox rocks. Google Chrome is great too, and Opera, but Firefox is the real deal :)

I tried Firefox some time agao but did not seem to get on well with it, so went back to IE7 and obviously now IE8.

Not sure what happened, but Firefox did not reveal to me the versatility and flexibility of IE by a very large margin. It seemed semi-amateur.

I would like to try it again, however in view of my previous experience see no real point in it. Firefox may well be faster in response times, but I found it did not cover the large variety of options, manipulations and advantages that IE does and was not so user friendly.

I quickly dumped it as a bad deal. I would prefer somebody to explain the agony or ecstasy of living with Big Daddy MS rather than experiment with alternative second rate browsers.

MS may well be placed in the ducking stool by many users, but it is an extremely good and well designed system with the back-up of the worlds major designer and supplier of Internet software and should not be ridiculed in an irresponsible manner by those who really do not have sufficient expertise to criticise the competence of such an industrial Goliath.

KAS

How long ago was it when you last tried firefox then ??

I knew I was asking for trouble as soon as I posted. I must apologise for my wording "second rate". It was an undiplomatic slip of the mind over keyboard.

I should have put "alternative" and would rather you read this in lieu.

My experience with Firefox was about 9 months ago and if many more cheer leaders come in singing the same song, I just "may" be tempted to give Firefox another whirl. Maybe there have been some improvements since then, but 9 months is not long.

Firefox is not without troubles, the Internet is littered with them, reading these tales of woe puts me off a little.

Are there NO supporters of IE ? MS should send me a fat cheque for flying their flag against such formidable opposition.
KAS

I've dealt with IE8 crashing a client computer when attempting to run *.aspx websites, and the security is way too tight. Your best bet is to backdate it to IE7, or go with an alternative browser (Firefox 3.0.* has been treating me quite well). Also, one must remember that the problem with IE is not necessarily at the surface, but rather behind the scenes with security vulnerabilities and such.

I knew I was asking for trouble as soon as I posted. I must apologise for my wording "second rate". It was an undiplomatic slip of the mind over keyboard.

I should have put "alternative" and would rather you read this in lieu.

My experience with Firefox was about 9 months ago and if many more cheer leaders come in singing the same song, I just "may" be tempted to give Firefox another whirl. Maybe there have been some improvements since then, but 9 months is not long.

Firefox is not without troubles, the Internet is littered with them, reading these tales of woe puts me off a little.

Are there NO supporters of IE ? MS should send me a fat cheque for flying their flag against such formidable opposition.
KAS

What version of firefox is it that you used i think there has probably been a new release since then
However i agree that firefox is not without its issue there are some websites i cant get on with firefox and sometiems i have it just randomly lock up or crash on me
But i get some even worse issue in IE

personally i use a mixture of the two i use ff most of the time but if there is a website i cant get on or isnt compatible with ff i will use ie . sometimes i wull use ie just to check if a webpage looks the same in both

I've been using firefox for a number of years, and, after trying all sorts of different browsers, I like it the best. You'll get used to it pretty quickly. Firefox has improved quite a bit, and they have 3.0 out now, with 3.5 almost ready for release. I think you'd get used to firefox pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom