Not many here that respond to the problem threads!

Wow! I'm glad I started this thread. Looks like a lot of members had things they needed to get off their chest. Yep, people can really be a PITA. I guess the ones that ask a question and you give them a suggestion; and then they never post back, are the ones that irritate me the most. As long as a OP is posting back, I have a lot of patience.
Gary!!

Wow! I'm glad I started this thread. Looks like a lot of members had things they needed to get off their chest. Yep, people can really be a PITA. I guess the ones that ask a question and you give them a suggestion; and then they never post back, are the ones that irritate me the most. As long as a OP is posting back, I have a lot of patience.
Gary!!
I mind those way less than those that specifically ask for help or worse, demand with HELP ME PC BROKE GUIZE!!!!! Then want to ignore everything anybody says and will post "well my buddy from so and so shop told me to try this, my PC isn't working guize pls halp". If somebody makes a thread and doesn't come back it's because 9 times out of 10 they put the same thread on multiple boards and got an answer somewhere else first.

If somebody makes a thread and doesn't come back it's because 9 times out of 10 they put the same thread on multiple boards and got an answer somewhere else first.

Agreed, it's remarkable how many questions you can copy and paste into google and they've asked an identical question on countless different forums...

I mind those way less than those that specifically ask for help or worse, demand with HELP ME PC BROKE GUIZE!!!!! Then want to ignore everything anybody says and will post "well my buddy from so and so shop told me to try this, my PC isn't working guize pls halp". If somebody makes a thread and doesn't come back it's because 9 times out of 10 they put the same thread on multiple boards and got an answer somewhere else first.

Yep...found that several times while researching the issue they're having. I tend to put in less effort then if that's the case.

Professionally and academically I've moved beyond the scope of troubleshooting and PC building, so I don't have much interest in the area any more. I tend to just chat in Off Topic or chime in on things relevant to security/forensics when I notice the threads :p

Nobody really posts topics about my current line of work at all... good job I still enjoy the hardware side... plus helping people is an interest so I don't mind.

Pretty much the same here. It is highly unlikely that anybody else in the forums here has any experience with 90% of what my job entails, which is 9-1-1 systems, Intrado software, and Viper hardware. I still work part time as a screw turner at Geek Squad, though, so this forum keeps me up to date some and lets me stay sharp. Geek Squad's forums is always full of good information. I'll try to pass along any good tips I come across. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom