Not Good At Picking out Mobo, Help?

Drain You

In Runtime
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2.0GHz Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800IAA5CU - Retail
RAM
GeIL 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model GX21GB6400UDC - Retail
Vid Card
PNY VCG7600GXPB Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Newegg Preferably , Cheapest/Best Quality I could get for kinda cheap...if that makes ANY sense.

do you plan to get another 7600gt and set up sli?
whats your budget?
what hard drive are you using?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131569 this is a decent non sli board
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136166 sli board...
wow i haven't been paying attn to computers for the past month, where have all the s939 sli boards gone? the asus ones were really nice but.. eh.. out of luck.
[edit]theres a wider selecton of motherboards for the skt939 on zipzoomfly.com, that is, if you're willing to try something other than newegg. i'll vouch for them, good quick delivery, a very trustworthy website. 2 day free shipping ain't bad either.

Dont think im going sli, but it might be nice to go with one just in case. 120 seagate Sata 3.0gbs harddrive.
EDIT: Hmm see your setup is alot like what I want. How is the Dual Core?

you won't be upgrading your cpu or anything anytime soon will you? if you plan on doing so in the near future, sli would be a waste of 50 dollars. even more so if you don't plan on purchasing another 7600gt.

yea, no sli for me I decided. But how do you like the AMD 3800+ x2??? Really wanna know how it handles some games, and what you think. I wasnt completely sure about going single or dual core for that processor.

well.. i got the 3800x2 when it first came out, so my idiotic self spent 300 dollars on that processor, if i didn't like it, i would have to kick myself in the face. yeah it's a real good processor. there were a few compatability issues between some programs and dual core earlier during it's release, but those problems have been patched up. in regards to games, i can play all games with this processor, it ususally comes down to video card, but you've got that area down pretty well. um, i've played cs: source, dod: source, hl2, cs 1.6, world of warcraft, guildwars, all the classic blizzard games, and.. solitaire on this computer successfully lol. don't have to worry about dual core interfering with your gaming performance. it's a good processor, you won't be dissapointed.

ok cool, I really just want it for Day of Defeat Source and HOPEFULLY Battlefield 2142.. and again HOPEFULLY being able to run Quake Wars.

Back
Top Bottom