not enough ram?

sniperviper21

Golden Master
ok, so i tried to play Halo PC on my com (in the sig)

and i get this message,

"your system does not have enough RAM or Virtual Memory to run the game.
Please close any additional programs that may be running or increase your virtual memory settings." blah blah.

Machine INfo : 3300Mhz, 0MB, 512 ATI (0x9442)

continue anyway, safe mode, or exit are the choices.

could the reason for this be that i am running W7?
um a bit upset at this predicament..

I see you are running G.skill ram, how much do you have?

What is your swap file (virtual memory) set to?

4GB 1066 OC to 1071 (doubt it matters)

but how do i check the swap file, i read about it, but i cant find it ?

Right click on my computer -> Click properties -> Advanced tab -> Click settings under performance -> Advance tab -> Click change under virtual memory -> Set it to 2GB (2048 MB on both filters-min and max) and see if you still get errors. However, I have it disabled on my 4GB machine and my 6GB rig in my sig and have never had problems. Something tells me the problem is coming somewhere other than this. Do you have other RAM intensive things running at the same time when this is coming up?

4GB 1066 OC to 1071 (doubt it matters)

but how do i check the swap file, i read about it, but i cant find it ?

With Vista
Control Panel | System & Maintenance | System | Advanced system settings | Advanced tab | Performance (Settings button) | Advanced Tab | You should see virtual memory

Beaten by the Dude_56013!

With Vista
Control Panel | System & Maintenance | System | Advanced system settings | Advanced tab | Performance (Settings button) | Advanced Tab | You should see virtual memory

Beaten by the Dude_56013!

Haha. That's okay. Actually I didn't even think of posting the Vista way, so props to you. You can still actually do the right-click on my computer in Vista too. Then you get to the same screen where you click advanced sys. settings and then the rest is what Russel said.

Back
Top Bottom