not being a cheapskate but...

dirtyoldman

Baseband Member
Hi I am wondering If I can use the windows xp cd that came with my old comp for my new comp that I am building myself?

you may have a problem activating it though...
if so, well, there's google, microsoft's phone # ( set aside about 3 free hours), or the store.

Some Windows XP pro installers<specially the older one> don't need to be activated anymore. Just have the cdkey and voila!

yeah... there are also ways of doing this with corporate keys, and crack programs etc.. but of course we can't talk about suck things here. ;)

If you end up calling Microsoft Customer Support because activation says so, just tell them that your computer screwed up and need to be reformatted again. They'll understand. I do it all the time and they always grant me activation codes.

Microsoft doesn't really care if you're using a legit or cracked copy, all they really care about is that you're using their software.

TRDCorolla said:
If you end up calling Microsoft Customer Support because activation says so, just tell them that your computer screwed up and need to be reformatted again. They'll understand. I do it all the time and they always grant me activation codes.
they do get suspicious if you keep phoning to re-activate the same code...

There was one time they asked me what I was doing because I activated the same copy of XP 50 times in one month...

(it was completly leagal as well before anyone says anything)

Back
Top Bottom