not all my DVD drives are recognized in Win7

As a matter of fact your music is nearly inspiring me to pull an axe off the wall. I am only through 4 of your songs so far, I would love to start playing again. Okay, hopefully this is not what one would call forum hijacking lol

F@#$ dude... i just checked out your site. Those sounds are very tight! Sounds like Cliffs of Dover are right up your alley! NICE!:omg::eek:

Oh, thanks, man. I appreciate the kind words!
If you like my music, I can send you a free download link to my EP (instrumental prog metal). If you would like that, just send me a private message :)

Spheres = Rush meets metal. exciting

As a matter of fact your music is nearly inspiring me to pull an axe off the wall. I am only through 4 of your songs so far, I would love to start playing again. Okay, hopefully this is not what one would call forum hijacking lol

Thank you so much for the compliments, you made my day :)
If my music inspires you to pick up your guitar again, that is a huge compliment, means a lot to me!! :eek: :)

PM me if you like to talk guitars and music!

Last edited:
Would love the download! I started playing when I was around 10 years old, got in my first band (metallica cover) @ 15, and another band (mojo) around 17. My lead singer now tours with Mushroomhead (jackie laponza) She is a cutie, and has some pipes!!

Did you check in BIOS/EFI and get any results? Maybe the controller was turned off etc.?

Would love the download! I started playing when I was around 10 years old, got in my first band (metallica cover) @ 15, and another band (mojo) around 17. My lead singer now tours with Mushroomhead (jackie laponza) She is a cutie, and has some pipes!!

Wow, that's awesome!

Did you check in BIOS/EFI and get any results? Maybe the controller was turned off etc.?

I did, and in the BIOS setup there are only 2 DVD roms shown, so I will need to look inside the case and check the Sata cable, as CarnageX suggested.

will keep you guys posted!

Ok, guys, finally an update on this.
Sorry it took me so long to open up my PC and look at the connections.

I think I figured out what's wrong here:

I noticed on my motherboard there are two different kinds of SATA ports, one kind is red (there is a total of six of these) and then there are two orange SATA ports and in the manual of my motherboard it says the orange ones are mean t for hard discs and can be used to configure RAID.
The DVD rom drive that does not seem to work is connected to one of these orange SATA ports.

I do have two discs in RAID 1 and according to the manual of my motherboard these discs should be connected to these orange SATA ports, which in my case they currently are not.

My question to you guys: how do I fix this? My RAID 1 setup seems to be fine, but if these two SATA ports are meant for RAID, I think I should hook up my two RAID 1 discs to them. And then connect my 3rd DVD rom drive to one of the freed regular (red-colored) SATA ports?
BUT: could swapping the ports my drives are connected to mess up my RAID 1 set up or mess up anything else on my PC? And I mean swapping from a red port to an orange colored one.
I'm hesitant to try this, because I am cared I could screw things up .....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom