Norton Internet Security 2009 and LAN access problem when I changed ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
I am using Norton Internet Security in the old office I have got no problem with shared files between 3 computers, and shared printers (USB printer not network printer), and pinging

I moved those 3 computers (XP SP3) from the old office to a new office, and I changed the router from Netcom (10.0.0.1) to Linksys WAG54G2. ip addresses for computers changed from 10.0.0.x to subnet 192.168.1.x

Now all 3 computers are able to ping 192.168.1.1 (Linksys router ip address)

But those computers cannot ping each other

When I disabled 2009 Norton firewall (temporarily for 15 minute ), they were able to ping each other .

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks

You will have to look in the norton firewall settings and add the 192.169.1.x range into the trusted zone (or whatever norton calls it).

You will have to look in the norton firewall settings and add the 192.169.1.x range into the trusted zone (or whatever norton calls it).
It is in the trusted zone.

On a side note, I'd get rid of Norton and install something like AVG instead. It's a much better antivirus program, it takes less resources, and it's also free. It also drops a lot of the bs inherently included in Norton.
I agree but I can not do that because it is for a client

Don't even put them in the trusted zone, just put the IP's of the devices in question on the trusted IP list for the computers in question. Also add the router - for some reason i've added IP's and IP ranges before and was unable to share files or see other computers. The minute I added the router's IP to that list everything worked.

Don't even put them in the trusted zone, just put the IP's of the devices in question on the trusted IP list for the computers in question.
I could not find trusted ip list , yes I can find trusted zone.

Could you please advise if you have NIS2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom