norton ghost help

blackjack

Fully Optimized
can anyone tell me if i do a full install of vista ultimate onto my c/drive that if it shoulld go wrong or i dont like it, will my ghost image of xp on d/drive still work to restore it back to xp

It should do yea :) Just pop the XP disk back in and delete the c partition then put windows back on?

im very warey of this invalidating your xp key that seems to be said by a few people ,i dont want to render my xp image useless and have to go buy a new copy of xp

No, your code should still work thats your intitlement to XP aslong as its on the same computer. But yea it should still work the ghost image! :)

I answered this for you the other day, the code wont be invalidated unless you upgrade XP

my worry is that when i completley wipe my c/drive of xp for the full install of vista should it go wrong,(i hope not) that my ghost image on d/dive wont work as it no longer will have ghost on my computer as it will have been erased, P.S I bought xp home last year and had problems with hardware ,after reinstalling windows severall times to my surprise it suddenley refused my key, after world war 3 with bill gates associates they activated it for me only to tell me i had used the product key to many times and it was invalid so if in the future i needed to reinstall windows i would have to contact them to do it ,i was not impressed, i do not want to go down that road again. thats why i partitioned my drive , installed ghost and saved the image on a seperate patition so i can go back as many times as required

Either way it wont make much difference just abit more convinient lol your XP code should really still work though!

Back
Top Bottom