Norton AntiVirus Slow Downs?

Liminator

In Runtime
I have installed AVG and Norton Antivirus a couple of weeks ago and it's just taking forever to startup now, when I click on my name in the welcome menu it shifts down and hangs for about a minute. The when the desktop pops up I get this message that AVG has updated successfully. Could this be the problem to my startup slow downs?

having 2 anti-virus programs installed at once would be the sorce of your problem. since anti-virus programs dig deep into the system to protect it, if another anti-virus program tries to get into the same spot, the two programs conflict, slowing down your comp, and in some extream cases, crash your system.

Norton, I thought everyone knew Norton sucks and is just plain annoying :p? My norton got a virus and killed my old HD :(.

i wouldn't be able to help you with that, as i have only used norton. but both are good, repiputable programs.

i can say that Norton is good if you have the Corperate Edition, but on the other hand Norton Anti-virus is a resource hog.

~mr mixx~ said:
i can say that Norton is good if you have the Corperate Edition, but on the other hand Norton Anti-virus is a resource hog.

whats the diff between normal and corperate?

Ok ONE THING, you are not supposed to have two anti-vir programs running at once, because it causes them to fight over each other, in the user manual it will tell you not to run them both.

then stop visiting bad websites!
as all bad website can made ya pc bad!!!

try download spywaredoctor from pctools
after scanning and remove them yourslef than buying the product to remove it for you..

Back
Top Bottom