noobie to water cooling, ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobmitsuo

Baseband Member
i've never had any system water cooled but a friend of mine has had a few. i'm thinking of working on a set up with him for my next project... i have an idea of using a compressor from a minifridge to help cool the liquid... my only knowledge of watter cooling comes from reading reviws in mags and articles online... my biggest concern involving this idea is that perhaps the liquid could become cool enough to collect condensation on the tubing and cause shorting.... does this seem stupid or a posibility with a lil more planing?

wow, i am so tired. sooo many typos, dont feel like fixing them... bleh sorry for asking you to read that mess lol

check out the "beginners guide to overclocking" stickied at the top.......you'll only need condensation protection if you plan on chilling the water below ambient temperatures, in which you'll need neoprene, dielectric grease and things of that nature to prevent the condensation from forming on, in, or around the CPU block.

www.dangerden.com has all those things, water cooling, plus condensation protection......it's under their "Peltiers" section

No worries. I've been running my 2.4 @ over 3.0GHz for over a year. No leaks, no issues- nothing but cool overclocking.

My custom kit is for sale if you are interested. Check my sig. (cpu water block is for Intel chips. Everything else it universal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom