NooB Questions About: HL2 Deathmatch & CS:S

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. Normally I tend to play a lot of PC's in single player. I don't know, I just like them better. I play PS2 games only in multiplayer online. I don't know. Anyway...

I've been "trying" to play CS:S & HL2 Deathmatch lately and I just plain suck that these two games online. It just seems like other players are moving like ten times faster then me and it only takes 1 shot from a shotgun to kill me and i spend 3-4 shots and can't take them down. I'll admit, i'm a NooB to these two games. But, what's the trick? How do people move so fast all the time? I know about sprint, but it only lasts so long. And they freakin' hop & jump around so much that it's so annoying. And Ladder climbing looks so fake, more like a vertical ladder slide. I don't know, the graphic are fantasic and the weapons and physics are great, but the game play to me sucks. May-be that's because I suck, i don't know. What's the trick? LOL - I can't believe i called my self a NooB at any game...

these are very tough games to start out in. They have area dependant damage i.e. you get shot in the head you die, get shot in the foot it only takes 2 hp. You need to learn the weapons and shit. tough game to get into at first. I know ppl that have played for years and still cant get the one shot kills. I am part of a clan that play many games css is one, if you want to come check us out please do
www.fraggersunited.com

CS: Source is not even close to being realistic- thats the shtick. Anyway, you'll get better with practice. people also have learned to subconciosuly aim for heads - its completely automatic. Only way to get better is to learn the maps, learn the weps, and practice

dhw200 said:
CS: Source is not even close to being realistic- thats the shtick. Anyway, you'll get better with practice. people also have learned to subconciosuly aim for heads - its completely automatic. Only way to get better is to learn the maps, learn the weps, and practice

Yeah im subconscious for the heads, infact I can play CSS while not looking to a degree (if i mess up one bit, im walking into a box forever though)

Practice makes perfect, and games like HL2:DM and Quake3 are good starters

First thing is controls, you need be able to switch weapons, jump, crouch, throw a grenade, walk, reload, as quickly as possible. The elite players who've been playing the game forever can do it in miliseconds, I can't even match some of the people who play that game.

Forget grenades at the start, forget switching weapons, just get a rifle and use it. When shooting, crouch, aim for the chest and pull the crosshair up to the head when firing. I use the AK a lot and find that's the most effective accuracy. Key is all about burst firing, don't hold down the fire, click it really quickly firing 2 or 3 shots at once.

Don't use an AK or uber recoil gun to start, I like the famas, fires fast and fires accurate. Try all the rifles and see which one suits you best. Don't worry about grenades, pistols or knives (;)) until later.

If you search I also made a thread on tips that I use

Also another tip that isnt included, is keep everything the same, same cleanliness of hands, same mouse sensitivity.

Here's soem crpa I pull off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom