Noisy fan on powermac G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeder113

Solid State Member
I'd appreciate help from anyone who might know anything about why my G5 has such a noisy fan when it goes into sleep mode. Well, it's not MY G5, but I work in a computer lab at a university. We're testing out a couple of older (single processor) G5's and as soon as it goes into sleep mode, it sounds like there is a 747 parked on the desk. I have read in a lot of forums that the G5 is supposed to be quieter than the G4, and it is, until it goes into sleep mode. We've ordered about 50 more G5's, but they all have dual processors, a greater harddrive capacity, and more memory, so they might not have the same problem. I've heard that if the little piece of silver reflecting tape is missing from the bottom right tab on the plastic cover inside the G5, then that could be the problem, but this computer is not missing that. Please help me out if you know anything, thanks.

There should NOT be anything running while the computer is in sleep mode... That is serious cause for alarm. :eek: If thats the case then I would contact my nearest Apple shop immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom