No Virtual Drives work...

iceshooter161

In Runtime
Hey, I have been attempting to fix this for the past week or so with no luck what so ever. Being a big pc game, I find the need to use virtual drives. I'm running Windows Media Center 2005. I was using Daemon Tools for the longest time, however, i tried to use it the other day and I got an error. I reinstalled it however upon the Sptd driver install I get an error saying "System file read error". I looked all over their forums and could not find a solution that worked for me. So I tried installing Alcohol 120%, however, again upon install in get another similar error which will not let it install. I have tried everything... registry editing, deleting drivers manually, safe mode deletes and installs, ect... Nothing seems to work. I also tonight tried a couple other virtual drive programs, however, none of them work either! They install fine, but they wont mount any of the files. So my questions begin... Is there a certain driver or Setting on my computer that I need to add or change inorder for Virtual Drives to even work?

Also, I dont know if this has anything to do with my problems or not but looking on the Daemon Tools forums they say to delete any reference to SPTD on my computer and in my registry. Well in my C:\windows\system32\drivers folder I have a file called SPTD03 with no file extension. When I attempt to delete it I get an error saying "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from source file or disk". I dont know if that is causing my problems or not but I really want to delete that file. Also in my registry I have a sptd key that wont let me delete it unless I change the permissions on it. However, after I delete it and restart my computer the key just automatically reappears. Sorry if this is a lot to grasp and for the multiple questions, but it has been driving me crazy the past week or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Lol I'm not gonna lie... but yeah that didn't help at all. LOL Thanks for the quick reply though. I know exactly how to mount images once I get programs such as Daemon Tools running, i've been using daemon tools for a couple years now, however I can't get the programs to even install now.

Well, start by deleteing that file. Get into safe mode, and when its not being used.. find the folder and let it go.

Ok I went into safe mode and navigated to the sptd03 file and attempted to delete it but I still get the same error. I tried using many programs to delete it in safe mode and before windows starts up but those didn't work either. Also deleting it from the command prompt didn't work either.

Whats the program called? The exe name?

boot in safe again
open task manage
find the .exe
end that process tree
then end the process
attempt to delete the file again

worth a shot right?

Because if its a virtual drive, it was probably made to run in safemode, so you could access all your stuff.

Ok sorry if i'm just dumb but what exact .exe are you talking about. I dont have any programs running right now dealing with virtual drives. However I am gonna go into my bios and check some settings and then into safe mode to close some individual processes and see if that will help at all.

Back
Top Bottom