No Sync / Going to sleep monitor problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could I install systems if nothing comes up on the screen.. I've been told to just replace it, then wait till it boots and then just pop the wins xp cd in.. If you can help me on that..

What kind of specs do you need, someone told me not to use wizards to check specs.. and I can't do that now anyway seeing as though my other pc doesn't even boot

ok, drop the disk into the computer right as you turn it on, doesn't matter that the screen won't turn on... hit the reset button and form here (hopefully) the system sees that you have a disk and try to go from there... but if it still doesn't then I'm not sure which button to hit, BUT it's either the F2, F10, or the Delete (with that model I can't tell which one) that should start you off in the bios (again, hopfully) once in the bios you will have to make sure that your first boot device is the CD, NOT the hard drive. save your settings/exit then pray! :) (kidding)

Ok so basically, drop in the CD as I turn the PC on.. if it works.. then something should appear on my screen? If not I press F2 /F10 when doing the process again

by the looks of it, you have an ATI Radeon 9000 video card... if this doesn't work, then I think your still going to have to reseat your card... but that's next if needed.

I'll try installing wins Xp first, I tryed pressing F2, the system BIOS stuff came up.. [what do I do from here?]

I then pressed F10 and windows Xp recovery consel came up.. Help

Ill look now to check what board I have

no need for the F10... you will have to install windows first... Bios tabs... there should be an advanced tab (or something like it) look for either first boot device; priority boot device; something like that, but that need to be CD first... once you change that save and exit... from there windows should start you on the process of re building your computer... to be honest though, I was thinking about this before... why not put the old hard drive back in and ADD the 320 to it as long as you have the power and IDE connctor??? you can save yourself a ton of trouble with drivers and such later on...

do you have the chipset drivers, LAN drivers, etc? it might be more time saving to put the old one back and add the new one...

congrats!! just make sure you get the proper chipset, lan, audio drivers... from the PB site under the downloads. see your well on your way to building your own system next! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom