NO SOUND Plz HELP !!!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
So here is the deal, for some reason I CANT hear sound from my speakers.

I can hear sound from my headphones, but not from the speakers. I tested 2 diff speakers and 2 diff sound cards, one onboard and the other SB Live. When I click on the sound wizard in my sound mixer, it then starts to test my speakers by playing sounds from diff speakers to determine what kind of a set up I have like 5.1 7.1 …etc The interesting thing is I can hear the test sounds, but I CANT hear music or anything else playing from my speakers.

I don't have anything muted, I checked. I tried restarting, that didn't help ether….i don't know what to do.

Please help.

hmm what about the volume controls in the media playing software , also try going to the volume control and then click advanced and tick the boxes to see all the playback volume controls and see if anything is different

tryed that, still nothing. my speakers selected as a prtimary device for sound..etc crap im lost.

could the cable between the speakers and the pc have a break in it

No because like i sad, When I click on the sound wizard in my sound mixer, it then starts to test my speakers by playing sounds from diff speakers to determine what kind of a set up I have like 5.1 surround or 7.1 surround …etc The interesting thing is I can hear the test sounds, but I CANT hear music or anything else playing from my speakers.

oh yeah soz , go ti the run command and tpe dxdiag and run the sound tests there , also is there any chance that the computer is set up for 7.1 when you only have 2.1 or 5.1

well im not sure in my sound mixer i set it to 2 speakers. The sound test works, but i still cant hear the music or gamnes when i play it, i tryed diff players for music, but still nothing.

ok plug the speakers into the sb live if not already , then go into bios and disable on board sound

alternitively if you wanna keep onboard sound on go to the cp and load sound and audio devices , then go to the audio tab and see if all the playback options are set to the sb live ,

if this dosent work disable onboard sound in the bios and see if this helps

i had tested 2 sound cards & 2 speakers, both dont work..but they did just a cop days ago. when i run speakers test, i can hear the sound, but when i play games or music ITS DEAD.

Does anyone else have any sugestions?

Back
Top Bottom