No Power When In Case??

abland007

Baseband Member
So I bought parts for a new computer from tigerdirect. I went to hook everything up, and when I went to hit the power switch nothing happened. I tried many combinations on the motherboard and realized that everything was hooked up correctly. I took the motherboard back because I thought it was dead, and still nothing. I took back my power supply and got a new one, stil nothing happend when I went to turn it on. I took everything out of the case and assembled it on my floor, boom- it turned on. So i put everything back in the case and it wouldn't power up. WTF is the deal. My case is shorting something out!! Has anyone ever had this problem??

Cmon man, im not an idiot. But what could it be touching? Something is shorting it out but how can i figure this out. Any suggestions? And please, I dont want a John Madden answer.
Thanks!

Have ya definately got the power button connected to the mobo properly? It could even be a faulty power button on the case aswell. To check that, just remove the power button cable from the 2 pins on the mobo, and touch them with a screwdriver, to short the pins and power up.

My button is fine because I have it hooked up to my case- its just that nothing is inside of my case. I am using the spacers as well

Rip everything out.

Do everything over.

carefully, one piece at a time.(only the things you need for video)

Mobo/cpu/vidcard/PSU

I know you dont wanna do this, but if you want it to work you should.

Use all your spacers, watch for things touching, screw everything in securely.

Back
Top Bottom