No POST

TapoutFatMaN

Solid State Member
I have a computer that i need built soon and we have gone through the same motherboard 2 times before. And now we want to be 100 postive its hte motherboard so i thought i would ask the smart people on any idea.

*We have a Quadcore Intel CPU
*idk the graphics card but it has been tested and has been verfived to wrok properly
*Same for the hard-drive and Ram and all the CD-Roms and Floppy Drives
*CPU is goona be tested tommrow but i am postive it is good for it has been tested before

so please leave any ideas
there is no post beep
so please any ideas would be helpful
like i said earlier 3 bad motherboard

sounds like mobo is crapped out.

it could be a lot of things, I doubt it's the motherboard, he says he's been through the same mobo two times before, three bad mobos in a row...? what are the odds of that...?

OP, you have to be way more specific with your part list, what quad core do you have, is it Intel or AMD...? what is the actual motherboard...? make and model number, these things are very important when trying to help...

oops, yeah, you have an Intel, but the other parts of the post still stand, your motherboard may be incompatible with your processor, even if they are both Intel based, your psu may be faulty or just a cheap POS, etc...

MotherBoard: Asus P5QL-Pro
Proccesor: Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 775 socket 45NM
Hard-Drive: SATA Seagate
PS: OCZ 600w
Graphics card:GeForce PCX 5300
RAM:2GB of Kingston RAM

And all fans and Cables are placed have quadrouple checked mutiple times and CMOS is placed properly.

*CPU is goona be tested tommrow but i am postive it is good for it has been tested before.

Did you get it checked out? A dead CPU in a system won't post and nothing will show on your monitor.

And if you don't have a speaker connected to the motherboard you wont get and beeps anyways.

THE BAREBONES HARDWARE FOR VIDEO BY LAMBOFGOD

the only required parts you need for video are.

1.Motherboard
2.Powersupply
3.CPU
4.RAM
5.Videocard /unless you have onboard video

And make sure you have a known good working monitor and power cables for both the PC and monitor,
and make sure the monitor is powered on.

and before when even get down to it , Make sure you have a large enough power supply.
Dont even waste your time doing this if you are trying to boot a system with 2 X1950XTXs in crossfire, and 6 Hardrives with a 300 Watt power supply.

Ok Lets Start

1. REMOVE the motherboard, place it on a Plastic surafce/ such as a rubber mat, or a large square of packing material.

2. Start putting the ram, cpu & heatsink/fan, videocard (some videocards Need additional power make sure you are plugging power into these places as well). ONE thing at a time, double check and make sure everything is in place properly and plugged in I.E. CPU fan.

3. Plug the power supply into the board (some boards require additional power, make sure you are plugging the power into these places as well),

4. Take your case and move it by the board and plug the powerswitch onto the CORRECT pins on the motherboard.(consult your motherboards manual if you dont know where these are)

5. Also try hooking up the small speaker in your pc to the CORRECT pins on the mobo to get a diagnostic beep code. (consult your motherboards manual if you dont know where these are)

6. Hook up the monitor to the back of the videocard, carefully, its not screwed down so it can pop out easily. (if your using onboard video this step does not pertain to you)
If you have onboard video just plug it into the VGA port of the back of the motherboard.

7. Press the power button.

Did you hear any Beeps? any video?

If you still dont have video try this only if you have both onboard video and a Slot based videocard I.E. PCI-E/AGP/PCI pull the Slot based video card and try the onboard)

still none?

If you still dont have any video, Try replacing the easiest compents first, such as Ram, then Videocard, then PSU, then CPU, then Motherboard. Just ONE at a time and try booting and listening for beeps after each one.

Make sure you have known good working Componets your replacing them with as well, and make sure they are compatible.

That should narrow down what componet is causing trouble.

Good Luck, LambofGod

Ok well LambOfGod all that has been done the quadcore was replaced with a good dualcore just to test it. And the computer still did not go through POST. So we have offically decided that we need a Motherboard. And all the other componets have been tested. I did some research and maybe could the RAM speed have any thing to do with compatibility issues? Cause we are all out of ideas. So please post back ASAP.

I used to have that motherboard. Okay, how is the memory placed in the modules? If you got a single channel kit, put them in slots right next to each other. That used to be my problem. Take out one stick of RAM and try that. I had a weird problem of my hard drive shorting out my system.

Back
Top Bottom