No picture on new gaming machine

lamborgini8

Beta member
My first post here so hey everyone! I was looking for somewhere where I could get some good support and came across here.

I have just finished building my new gaming machine but for some reason I can't get anything to show on screen, im not even sure if its starting up. When I press the power button all the fans turn on and light up but my screen remains on standby without showing anything at all. There is no beep when its turned on either...

The parts are:
750W PSU
ASUS P5QL-PRO
Intel Pentium 4 3.00Ghz (LGA775)
PNY GeForce 9400GT 512MB
2x OCZ 1GB DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD

The manual says that 06 processors will work yet I have tried a 04 and an 06 Pentium 4 and neither seam to work.

Im totally lost on this...

well first thing is, i dont think your pentium 4 is compatible, those things are LGA 478, not LGA 775. re-seat the GPU too. also what do you mean by "fans come on" are you talking just the power supply fan or what?

well first thing is, i dont think your pentium 4 is compatible, those things are LGA 478, not LGA 775. re-seat the GPU too. also what do you mean by "fans come on" are you talking just the power supply fan or what?

It's defiantly a 775 as it does fit, I am taking it into work quickly tomorrow to try some of their core 2s in there.

The only things that turn on is the PSU fan, two fans with blue LEDs on the front, power LED on the motherboard and you can hear the hard drive. Nothing else seams to do anything, my monitor fails to see its actually connected to anything and there isn't even the usual beep to say its starting up.

I did find something interesting earlier while poking around, the motherboard beeps when there is no RAM installed. But when I try it with RAM in different slots it refuses to beep and just does nothing apart from spin fans.

Only thing I can think of then is the processor.

Back
Top Bottom