No Picture at all :(

Omega90210

Beta member
Hey, I just now bought a 9500 GeForce GT graphics card tonight, and Im really confused. I used to use a 8500 GT, and i used it with 2 montiors, my system ran smoothly. However, I go to install the new 9500 tonight, and neither one of my monitors are working, i mean their powered on, but they both go to sleep, yet they can read that they are plugged into the card, because before i plugged them in they said check video cable, and when i plugged them in, they went to sleep. Can anyone please tell me what could be wrong, why the monitors arent working now? Yet the fan on the gpu is working, so the card and socket is working...I dont get it...and i cant download the 9 series drivers on nvidia site cause it keeps saying

System Message

Please try again at a later time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yet the fan on the gpu is working, so the card and socket is working.
This is an incorrect assumption - the fan may be spinning but as far as you know this might be the only thing on the card actually working!

It sounds like a possibly faulty card - if you're not getting any display at all on either monitor (try plugging just one in at a time as well) and it's installed correctly, chances are it's dead and you'll need to send it back. Drivers don't come into play until after windows boots up, so irrespective of the drivers installed you should still see the machine booting up (and should even see a basic low res display in windows with no drivers installed.)

Back
Top Bottom