No not before Shatner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the new actor playing James T Kirk in the new Star Trek movie does a better job. From what I've seen of the previews it would seem that way. :D

I suggest you cover yourself with one of these......

new_website_pics_001.jpg

Currently I am going to be watching new upcoming film with an open mind. The problem that i have with Star Trek 11 is that call the actors in it are playing characters that have been immortalised for the last 43 years by the original cast members. Like for the last 43, if some said the James T Kirk, immedately I am thinking Shanter. We look at all forms of media, and until now, James T Kirk has always been William Shatner. And lets not forget the rest of the crew of TOS.

Like I get my father cursing and swearing at the TV very time there is a preview for the new star trek film because. I finally got him to shut up by telling him "Why don't you just watch the movie before making any futher judgement. I am sure the both the cast and crew on this new film both realised that they have some rather large shoes (and egos) to fill"

The other problem with compairing the orginal crew with this new crew is also what is excepble for TV viewing backin 1966 and now. Lot of things have changed over the years. Where before every one was was happy with the Happy Cheery Monster of the week formula for TV Shows. How people was some thing more darker and grittier. IF you don't believe me, then try watching the classic BSG some time after you have been watching the current series.

Star Trek 11 is going to be make or break making because you have all these younger actors taking on these roles. I do hope that they can live up to thier predecessor as both actors and director has picked up some rather larges shoes to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom