No motherboard beeps.....

Half Evil

Golden Master
OK,this is getting irritating.

So, right now I have a

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD

AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX240OCK23GQ - OEM

EVGA 7600GT KO video card

Kingston Hyper X 4 gigs DDR3 1333

Then just a dvd drive and some samsung F3 hdds and such...

I everything powers on fine, but nothing comes on the screen. I can take out the video card or the memory and the motherboard wont beep. I just cant make anything happen with this computer.Ive cleared the cmos and all that fun stuff. This mean I have a bad motherboard?

That motherboard has neither a built in speaker nor video card. #1 You can't expect it to beep on POST, #2 it will not POST without a gpu in the slot. Have you tried perhaps putting the video card or ram in different slots?

Oh, I read something and it is supposed to beep, but I re read it and they had a buzzer attached to it. Oh well.

Ive tried both putting the gpu and the ram in different slots. Nothing seems to work.

Found another thread somewhere that say hook up the speakers to the motherboards onboard sound and it will beep at you. I tried that with out the ram and to no avail.

No, but I will give it a shot. I am curious what that will change for the motherboard?

OK, well I guess I will set up everything outside of the case and report back.

No avail.

Set the motherboard outside the case, and even plugged in a known working hard drive with windows on it. Everything powers on just how it should, except the monitor...

Returning the motherboard.

wonder if i should return and try a different motherboard or replace it.

just gonna return it and try a different one....

Back
Top Bottom