No Image on screen when coming out of sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
I am having an issue to where when my computer goes into sleep mode and when I go back and wake it back up the monitors will be active and but the screens will be black. I then would have to restart my computer twice and then delete my pervious session and have it fully boot again.

Any ideas?

Edit: I am unsure if this a software issue or a hardware issue so I decided to put it in the hardware section until proven otherwise

I am not exactly sure what is the problem, but you might want to try Hibernation. It's safer than Sleeping. It only takes a short time to get back up.

I've had that exact problem with my ASUS P5Q Deluxe board, and apparently there are some issues with the power saving settings in the BIOS...from what I can tell it's quite common on the P5Q series.

Had to restart, was prompted to reset the BIOS or enter setup by pressing F1 or F2.
When Windows started up it was "resuming Windows' rather than "Starting Windows"
Once on the desktop nothing loaded in my tray and drivers weren't working properly.
Restarted yet again and the internet wasn't working properly and the date was reset back to multiple years before.

Found a thread where a guy called up ASUS and they helped him with a couple BIOS settings:

Under Power Management:
Change Repost Video on S3 Resume from NO --> YES.
Change ASPI 2.0 SUpport from DISABLED --> ENABLED

Here is a link to the thread:
Sleep issues: Unable to wakeup - Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom