No HDMI output to flatscreen TV

kemperhills1

Solid State Member
I hope I put this in the right place.

I have an Acer Aspire X1300 desktop. I had been streaming netflix through an HDMI cable. The power flicked off and came back on and since I have not been able to stream netflix from the Acer. When I put the flatscreen on HDMI all I get is a black screen with "no signal" showing.

Could anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it. Thanks

Have you checked that the HDMI cable is connected to both PC & TV correctly and that the TV is on the right input like HDMI1 OR HDMI2..

Have you checked that the HDMI cable is connected to both PC & TV correctly and that the TV is on the right input like HDMI1 OR HDMI2..

Yes, I did. The HDMI cable is in the HDMI port on the computer and in HDMI 1 on the flatscreen which one has to use on this TV for DVI. Then the TV is set to HDMI 1 Channel. Thanks for the reply.

If the power "flicked" like that it could have caused a surge and could have messed with the cable or the card. Do you have a monitor hooked up to the computer as well?

Have you checked the output properties to make sure it's still set to show on both screens?

Try pressing the windows key + P and it should give you should four options like this, Select the duplicate option.

Windows Vista/7:

w7-fnf7-win_p.gif

Windows 8:

QTKTxr3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom