No fan on graphics card?

im lost, my Ti 4200 needs a fan.. I ran it without a fan and I got 72c on max load..and with a fan 36c max load

X800 said:
im lost, my Ti 4200 needs a fan.. I ran it without a fan and I got 72c on max load..and with a fan 36c max load

so it doesn't need a fan. 72C shouldn't harm it. And it's quite an old card, if u would buy a card with about similar performance now it wouldn't need a fan since the technology has improved alot, so now we can get higher speeds with less heat.

Washington said:
Hi,

I just installed the following graphics card on my brothers computer -

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/104775/rb/19625463755

Its a ATI Radeon X550 PCI Express card and it seems to run okay (After initial installation problems!)

Anyway I'm a bit worried about the fact that it doesn't have a fan on it. Is this okay to run without a fan? I installed the ATI Control Panel, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can find the temperature level. Also installed Everest, but again it doesn't give a graphics card readout. All other temperatures are the same as they were before the installation.

Will it be okay?? I just built this pc and its been running very smoothly. I don't want to knacker it now!

Thanks.
I would only be concerned if it originally came with a fan and you dont have it now... but if not it sounds good.

mammikoura said:
so it doesn't need a fan. 72C shouldn't harm it. And it's quite an old card, if u would buy a card with about similar performance now it wouldn't need a fan since the technology has improved alot, so now we can get higher speeds with less heat.
ok .. when I hit 72c for like 2 minutes on that card. the computer frozes and restarted

then its overheating, try taking the heatsink off and putting some new thermal paste on, also if ur comp is pretty dusty try cleaning it up, ive seen a comps temp get cut in half once it was cleaned out

X800 said:
ok .. when I hit 72c for like 2 minutes on that card. the computer frozes and restarted

okay, then it's overheating. But most of the vid cards can easily take 72C without any damage. My friend had his 6800GT overheat all the time, but it didn't make any artifacts until it was like 85-90C.

Haha, my old 6600GT (which is still alive and kickin' in my friend's PC) hit 98 Celsius under load. Artifacts? Never saw a one.

Back
Top Bottom