No Electricity

mower

Solid State Member
To say the least I am glad that my family has survived the Ice Storm of 2007 without much stress , However as the aftermath of the storm is now upon us the stress has been intensified by a factor of 10 sq.

to make this post understandable let me clear up the fact that we are having to try to move during all of this as our lease was not renewed. So we have found a new abode, then Ice storm hits before we can get moved into the new residence, we have power at the old but the new got hit hard by the ice storm , no biggie we can delay our plans to move in for a week, so we have now to only find that our house ( had to have a new power pole replaced that housed the transformer for further down the line) Electric service has been taken down from the new transformer they put up. Our Service Line is Lying in the yard where the electric crew was nice enough to disconnect it from the old transformer, but they never reconnected it now that the week has passed and the worst of the storm is over they can't seem to get it through their heads as to why the electric serviceman didn't recconect the transformer as before as there has been no saftey log reported to them from the service line crews and if there is a safty issue they have to make a report to the company as is to why they didn't restore power none has been made all the other homes on the road ( rual) that I am going to be residing on have had power restored to them as we see their lights. Now can anyone explain to me as to why in the name of GOD if there is no safty issue then why was the service lines not reconnected to the main service???????

Sorry to rant guys it's just I needed to blow off steam or Ring the neck of the people at the service company and seeing as the Law sorta frowns upon such actions I thought this would be a better use of my frustration.
Mower

Update 01/24/07
Well, as today was offical moving day ( had the U-haul) and we loaded and packed and loaded pickuptruck then went to the new house only to see the poarch light on. Yay!!! the Electric's back on finaly after 9 days. now the fun of the clean up of the frige after 9 days without power.(Ewwwwwww) but we only lack maybe 4 or 5 more loads in the pick-up
Mower

Yeah, heard Arizona, Texas, and Oklahoma was gettin pounded by Ice/Rain/Snow/Sleet/Cats/Dogs/Everything you can think of.

Wish you the best,

-Beast

wow i've been hearing about that for awhile. It's all coming my way now. I have cousins that live out where you are, they are having major problems as well.

mower said:
My family has survived the Ice Storm of 2007
I saw it on TV, horrendous, you poor things, we've had similar occasionally in England, but nothing on that scale!!, Storms yes, we have just a humdinger, as did Europe, but ice storms are just about the worst.

Back
Top Bottom