No display

ace777

Fully Optimized
Hey guys I really need help getting my friends desktop fixed. Its an emachine T-6420, Basically he said around 3 years ago there were viruses and occasional BSOD. This was before he knew any geeks so he threw it in the closet and bought another. So we pulled it out today, I turned it on, fans spin up, just no display. I have tried reseating RAM, processor, I tried another processor, 3 different video cards and monitors. I tried another PSU, I reset CMOS throughout these reseats/replacements. I removed all unnecessary parts, and still nothing. Also I had a slower speed DDR RAM that I placed in, the computer turned on, still no display, and after one second the fans all stopped. Then the power light flashed, and it the light was still on for a good 4 seconds after we unplugged it. Anyways after 3 restarts with the old RAM back in I am back to square one. Any ideas guys, normally I am good about troubleshooting but this one has me. I think its a bad mobo but I have nothing to swap it into.

did you remove all IDE / sata drives and try to turn on ??

Does the system beep when u turn it on?? Is the speaker connected?

Back
Top Bottom