no ati drivers installed

disnurse

Beta member
At startup i get ATI control panel failed to initalize no ATI driver is installed. When I go to install drivers from ati cd that came with the computer it starts to set up then the screen goes bank and the monitor shuts off. If i try to go to device manager I have 2 yellow exclamation maks under display adapters. If i try and update drivers via cdrom i get C: windows/system32autoexec.nt message. The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos windows applications. Something definetely messed up but i'm lost. The monitor works fine on other computer, but when its on this computer the pages look fine but occ. wobbely blurry line on my monitor when i scroll down a page.

system: amd athalon64, 512 ram, radeon 9250 windows xp sp2, norton2005

Are you trying to run some ancient MS-DOS compatible game or something? That's weird. Delete the Display adapters from the Control Panel's Add Remove Program. You should be running on stock Windows drivers now. Reboot. Then download the latest ATi driver from their website.

yeah, get rid of the old drivers and get new ones. And I'd suggest u always get drivers from the manufacturers website instead of the cd, since the drivers on the cd are almost always older than the ones on the manufacturers site.

Back
Top Bottom