No active mixer devices available

I'll mess it up

Beta member
Need some help. I delted the sound off of my computer. It's a Dell dimension 2400. When i try and open the sound panel, it reads; no active mixer devices available. I did what it said to do, which is open the control panel and blah blah blah, but it does not work. I look at dell support, could not find what i needed.

I did this before, and i remember someone guiding me to a simple 5 second download. Can anyone help me??? pleaseee..

Goto microsoft update and let it scan your pc, then under the hardware section, your sound drivers should be in there just download them and insall them.

click custom then after is scans your pc there will be 3 catergories the last one says hardware and at the side of it there should be a number telling you how many updates you can get, open the menu and look for your sound drivers.

click custom then after is scans your pc there will be 3 catergories the last one says hardware and at the side of it there should be a number telling you how many updates you can get, open the menu and look for your sound drivers.

I'll give it a shot, thanks alot.

Hmmm your sure it is yor sound card well if you right click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager are there any yellows in there, if so click on it to read what it says.

ok, this happened to me before, i installed the latest audio codecs for mine (AC97) from the intel website, and then reboot your comp.

Or if not, go into boot properties and choose "Last good known configuration"

Hope this helps, good luck

Back
Top Bottom