Nintendo's big surprise is a sick joke ? "REALLY"

-RockMan-

Banned
Those of you who have gotten wind of the 3ds XL and news from Nintendo direct what do you all think so far ?
For quite a long time this is my first stable DS console in 8 years, I'm not for the big screen with stupid battery life issues.
My 3ds does more than enough for me with good viewing and more.

3DS_XL_610x352.jpg

(Credit: Nintendo)
The mysterious ways in which Nintendo operates are on display once again as the company chose to skip an announcement at E3 2012 and waited two weeks after the fact to unveil the 3DS XL.

Following nearly the same roadmap as the DSi, the 3DS' XL treatment sees the upgrade hitting just a year and a half after the original 3DS release. While it's not shocking that the 3DS is getting a XL big brother, it's certainly confusing that not much is changing with the portable console's overall design.

Both screens will see size improvements beyond an inch each totalling 4.88 inches on top and 4.18 inches on the bottom (that's 1.35 and 1.16 inches larger respectively), along with what looks like more tactile trio of buttons below the lower screen.

Priced at $199, the 3DS XL will go on sale in the US on August 19. Three color schemes will be ready to go at launch including, black, blue and black, and red and black. It's logical to assume that the original 3DS may receive a price drop around the same time, down from its current $170 price tag.
Nintendo 3DS XL - Consoles - CNET Reviews

Last time a dsi xl came out I immediately ignored due to what I posed above.
I don't know why the BIG N did this, but they could have taken that money put it towards the virtual console libary and other needs.

I aint buying because I don't have the money to spend on it nor is it a necessity to have.
I need a new netbook soon, but that won't anytime soon... :\

Discuss, Mods and Admins do not move this to the gaming section as it is meant to catch everyones attention and put their imput about nintendo related news information.

I have a DS Lite and I can honestly say I never play it because it's too small. I love the idea of the 3DS but even in the short amount of time I messed with one it got irritating for me due to it's size. When I was younger I could play my Color and Advance all day every day with Pokemon and Zelda. These days it just gives me a headache staring at a tiny screen and cramps my hands. Something bigger like this would appeal more to people like me who can't play on the smaller ones due to size.

Maybe they should just make the damn thing big to begin with.

To you sure, but I dont like the current controls for the console and I dont want to feel like I'm holding a game gear again.

@Mguire: I hear you loud and clear on your post but having that thing quite portable and having some dlc on it, is something thats right up my alley way.
The colors on the screen is abit bright but there should be a way to even out the contrast.

Some people may like the 3ds XL others won't like me, because its too chunky, god help you if you drop the thing and shatter the 60.00 screen and have to deal with nintendo tech support for the next week. :\

I'm hoping nintendo might let me change my consoles housing to black under a small fee like they mentioned to me awhie back.

More games in the Virtual Library would be cool. It would be nice to see Gen I pokemon games along with some classic NES/SNES games. The 3DS XL is going to be huge if they make a circle pad pro for it.

To you sure, but I dont like the current controls for the console and I dont want to feel like I'm holding a game gear again.

@Mguire: I hear you loud and clear on your post but having that thing quite portable and having some dlc on it, is something thats right up my alley way.
The colors on the screen is abit bright but there should be a way to even out the contrast.

Some people may like the 3ds XL others won't like me, because its too chunky, god help you if you drop the thing and shatter the 60.00 screen and have to deal with nintendo tech support for the next week. :\

I'm hoping nintendo might let me change my consoles housing to black under a small fee like they mentioned to me awhie back.
I don't make a habbit of dropping any of my hand helds. If I feel I might then I get one of those nerf cases for it.

I don't make a habbit of dropping any of my hand helds. If I feel I might then I get one of those nerf cases for it.

Heh, just saying to you and anyone else, stuff happens, weather you drop it or crack it by accident or the thing just decides not to function after being new and out of the box, the parts inside the DS line up is not a pretty penny anyone wants to come out of pocket for while dealing with customer service people.

Heh, just saying to you and anyone else, stuff happens, weather you drop it or crack it by accident or the thing just decides not to function after being new and out of the box, the parts inside the DS line up is not a pretty penny anyone wants to come out of pocket for while dealing with customer service people.
I pretty much never buy handheld things anymore or if I do it is for a retarded cheap price. I find that when I'm not trying to take care of something it winds up unscratched. Now Mariah on the other hand dropped my DS once and broke it and I had to fix it again. So we probably wont be getting anything like this until I can get one real cheap lol.

Haven't bought a gameboy since the Gameboy Advanced. That was my favorite hand held, now they are just getting a bit ridiculous with things, especially with new game formats not being cross-compatible.

I pretty much never buy handheld things anymore or if I do it is for a retarded cheap price. I find that when I'm not trying to take care of something it winds up unscratched. Now Mariah on the other hand dropped my DS once and broke it and I had to fix it again. So we probably wont be getting anything like this until I can get one real cheap lol.

;) I agree with you on that, honestly though if you want to know a deep secret here keeping reading this post.

If you find any recent DS line up going for as is in good presentable condition.
Pick one up for under 60.00 including 3DS, if you are knowlegable about fixing stuff like that and finding the spare parts over a few months that will be all worth it.

There is somethings nintendo will be happy to fix and give you a limited warrenty on it until you buy a new service code for it.
Other times, your up ****s creek when they tell you have to pay for it, weather it be your fault or not.

There is alot of stuff I know that can look like trash, but to me if its fixable its saving me over 90.00+ in retails costs, after market or current production line up. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom