Nintendo Switch

Rookie question - but how big roughly is the map in Breath of the Wild? Are we talking Skyrim/Oblivion level of size?

Rookie question - but how big roughly is the map in Breath of the Wild? Are we talking Skyrim/Oblivion level of size?
Easily. The map itself looks like the same as Skyrim, but the scale and lack of fast moving makes it slower and harder to get around easily. Plus enemies that stop you frequently that are difficult to take out.

I got a Switch ultimate bundle from GameStop by using some trade in credit I had stored away.

Here are my impressions in no particular order:

Hardware - I'm not having any of the problems described in all of the discussions.

Joy Cons - I hate them. They are hard to hold onto when separated and I don't like the feel of them in the grip. I ordered a pro controller.

Cartridges - I didn't taste mine, but I notice they rattle when you shake them. I'm mildly disturbed by this.

Fast RMX - Super fast racer like, simple and fun, but made me nauseous playing on the tv.

Snipperclips- My wife and I had a hell of a lot of fun with this, but it can get really stressful if you don't communicate.

Bomberman - nostalgia to the max...will have to play more..little disappointed in the camera and the control was awful. It's very imprecise

1-2 Switch - I'm happy with this, but it's only good as a party game. The videos are cringeworthy, but this should have been a pack in to show off all the cool features.

Zelda - Chugs at times and has jaggies on the big screen, but looks great in portable...I'm not a giant Zelda fan but I'm enjoying this.

Bottom line--I'm excited for more games. I don't regret getting the system because there's a ton of potential there. If you love Zelda, this system is worth it. Deciding whether you want to play on the tablet or docked is cool as hell.

Zelda - Chugs at times and has jaggies on the big screen, but looks great in portable...I'm not a giant Zelda fan but I'm enjoying this.
Yea this is easily going to be the most demanding game for the console. I don't really mind the frame drops as they don't tend to happen in battle often so I'm ok. Jaggies are there because I'm pretty sure it's still a 720p image being upscaled to 1080. Playing on my 65" it made my eyes hurt, on the 48" I was able to play hours, and on the 24" at work it looks great. Don't really have to be a Zelda fan because the game is as anti-Zelda as they come really.

Easily. The map itself looks like the same as Skyrim, but the scale and lack of fast moving makes it slower and harder to get around easily. Plus enemies that stop you frequently that are difficult to take out.

Oh god the temptation to buy..:p

Reading reviews and Q&A on Amazon and found this

amazonquestion.png

I really want it just to play Zelda. If I hadn't just spend a metric **** tonne of money already i'd probably buy it and sell it once I completed Zelda. Maybe i'll do that in 6 months or something.

As for the console, I wish it weren't made by Nintendo, but rather, a competent company. For a start it looks like screen quality varies significantly, just luck of the draw on the unit you get. It's freakin expensive for what it is. The ****ty 720p screen they use probably costs like 10 bucks. It uses a slower version of the chip in a Shield TV..which is cheaper.. and made in much lower quantities, from a company that doesn't exactly price things cheaply. Also.. no browser ? no netflix, amazon prime video ?

So yeah in a couple years time when they cut the price and add all the software features that shoulda been there on day1, it might be pretty dope. But then the SoC will be 2 years old and it's already kinda meh as it is right now.

Nintendo would probably have made more money just making a quality controller dock for the iPhone 8 and Galaxy S8 and releasing full quality Nintendo games like Zelda on the app store.

Got Zelda for the Wii U however Game Stop has some really good trade in deals for the Wii U towards the Switch
We don't play the Wii U anymore so I may sell everything and move over.
Maybe I should've kept 1 out of the 9 Switches I sold...

Back
Top Bottom