Nice places in USA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegas is blah to me. Maybe just cause I live so close and have been there a lot. Unless you like to waste money while getting drunk then there's really absolutely nothing there. There's Lake Mead, but if you don't have a boat that's a waste. Hoover Dam is cool, but not worth going there just to see that. I really wouldn't waste your time on Vegas if you are coming so far to see America.

I was in San Diego a few months ago and I'd add that to my list of places to see. There's a lot to do there and the weather is always beautiful (like between 50 and 80 *F all year.)

Ranier is awesome Hikari...14,000' mountain right from sea level! Both those parks in Washington are amazing! In the Olympic Park there are spruce trees much like the Redwoods Trotter explained in Cali. They grow like 200+ feet tall and are all covered in green moss and vines. It's a temperate rain forest and gets like 12' of rain a year, but it's really awesome to see.

Can you say rent a motor home. Wait UK translation = caravan (I think).

<Snatch>
Mickey: I'll tell ya what. I'll do it for a caravan.
Turkish: For what?
Pikeys: For a caravan.
Tommy: It was us who wanted a caravan.
Mickey: It's not for me. It's for me ma.
Turkish: Your what?
Pikeys: His ma.

</Snatch>

Woah, so many awesome sounding places to visit :eek: Bit of a shock, in the UK i'm used to london, one or two places in the center of england and then a few places in the south west and thats it.

Really spoiled rotten here.. so much to do so little time(time = money :()

Well, my mum and sister (being girls) are wanting to do some shopping in the cities, i'm guessing new york they'd like. But me and dad, well, we're more interested in visiting national parks and amazing places that are nothing like the UK.

I think i'll have to spend a few hours looking at all your suggestions, and research them all for many hours over the next few weeks.

Thanks everyone, really appreciated..

I think this is going to have to be a tour of America...:cool: You guys are lucky. You should appreciate living in such a massive diverse country, instead of the small cramped boring one i live in.

edit:

I have to ask. I am NOT keen on spiders, at all :D are they a common occurence in buildings ? (home etc). I can cope with seeing them outside 'cus i can walk on.. but if i see them inside i panic and start throwing books and crap at them. Hehe.

New york is overrated....and really crowded.

Shopping can be done in Chicago, Miami, Dallas, and other large but not overpopulated cities like new york.

I suggest you travel to Dallas in December of 1963 so you can stand on the grassy knol an shout "Duck".

Hikaricloud touched on what I would have recommended with New England. In October, it's absolutely brilliant with foliage. The weather is cool and very comfortable and any New England state will offer plenty of places to enjoy a visit.

I am biased, being a Mainer (prounounced "Main-ah", Oreo, so you fit in - wait, you're British, it should sound the same as we say it. lol), Maine is awesome in the summer and fall. I have travelled the whole eastern US, my favorite views are in the Shenandoah Valley range in Virginia. Also Charleston, WV it's really nice there, nice city. My brother's family used to live there. Pennsylvania farmland is beautiful and there are lots of things to do in Pennsylvania. And of course, Disney World in Orlando, Florida is nice. I have been there 4 times myself.

Best place in the US is Canada

^ You freak, Baez ! :p

I suggest you travel to Dallas in December of 1963 so you can stand on the grassy knol an shout "Duck".

Saxon, you crazy *** ! You are one warped*** ****. Don't change ever, mate.

Come to San Francisco, its 67 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. Then you can drive to seattle, down to LA or east to Lake Tahoe and Reno Nevada.

I am biased, being a Mainer (prounounced "Main-ah", Oreo, so you fit in - wait, you're British, it should sound the same as we say it. lol), Maine is awesome in the summer and fall. I have travelled the whole eastern US, my favorite views are in the Shenandoah Valley range in Virginia. Also Charleston, WV it's really nice there, nice city. My brother's family used to live there. Pennsylvania farmland is beautiful and there are lots of things to do in Pennsylvania. And of course, Disney World in Orlando, Florida is nice. I have been there 4 times myself.

^ You freak, Baez ! :p

Saxon, you crazy *** ! You are one warped*** ****. Don't change ever, mate.

EW can't believe you said that.

I say you should stick to the east coast. Lots of beauty outdoor places around Pennsylvania, north-eastern west virginia, and virginia area..Plus you get some big cities like pittsburgh, philly, uhmmm chicago if you go farther west, DC if you wanna see the capital...

but then like all the others said there are a lot of amazing nature things out west too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom