Nice find at a thrift store

Don't forget that board you got is 11 years old thus the technology is 11 years old.

Again if you want 4 gig memory, you buy a better board then.

Later. I don't have that much of a issue off-line but on-line i get all kinds of issues. I have 4 times at different times tried to download Java. Nope. I have had the same issue with Open-Office. No soap!! Same for some of the updates for other software and right now Windows is wanting to update. I wonder if there is a issue with the internet other than Dish. I have run all scans and nothing. I don't really think its the board but one thing i have had a issue is the video card has crashed 3-4 times. I might have to go to the motherboard on-board video card. Will see. Later, wd65

That makes me wonder about that Ethernet port on your board. Have you looked in your Device Manager and look for flags?

Yep, Nothing. I have tried update drivers and have the best for that device. Nothing on anyone in device manager. I have Avast, Malwarebytes, cc cleaner, Glarys utilities. Nothing. Disc defrag is less than 1% on both drives. The ethernet connection is on a new card as it ha the 10/100/1000. The old motherboard and this one are only 10/100. It shows good too. I am thinking that the Dish Modem is going bad. Its about two years old or the LMB maybe on the dish. I have checked the cable connections all tight. They,(Dish), say they can communicate with the modem and everything looks good. I can't even play You Tubes without Buffering. They told me i shouldn't be able to watch them but i never had this issue before. Something is throttling the connection, just don't know what. I even tried bypassing the router and direct connection to modem from computer. No Difference. That kinda eliminates the router. Deb is having same issues with her computer too. I say its Dish but don't know what. That and the fact that dish won't look into this moer kinda Pi**ing me off with them!

Back
Top Bottom