News feed.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Ok when I get up I have a ritual (after getting Ezio cared for) that I sit down, check email, check TPU-News, check Bjorn3D admin, check Facebook, check sale section of Quakecon forums, then come here to assist in the builds and BS here in the OT.

Now I have went from making a full pot of coffee every morning to simply half a pot because I don't drink that much and by the time I'm done with all that I typically still have a cup left over before I go do more important things like laundry, clean, shower, whatever. So looking for some news based sites that are good besides the usuals, that try not to involve politics. By now you're probably wondering, what news doesn't involve politics? Well I know my dad used to visit a few sites with world news involving many different things like archaeological news, science news, and other things like that which had nothing to do with the typical run of the mill **** you find on TV. Thing is, I don't know what those sites were because I was never in this kind of "adult" routine so I never asked. It was always, go to work, come home, game/bench/BS, repeat.
Also, I don't need anything tech related because I get emails directly from companies so normally I always get the juicy details without even asking.

I use NetVibes myself... I can tailor it to what I want to see. I'm experimenting with it as my home page, since iGoogle is going away, but I'm not too sure about it in that respect, but I do like the feeds that I can see... it's got everything!

Hit DailyRotation. It is an aggregate site. I have mine set for the top 100 headlines, and then have about a dozen other sites' headlines under those.

I subscribe to RSS feeds from various university departments and sites like Physorg and New Scientist.

Yeah, I think Physorg is probably your best bet... I only subscribe to the tech / electronics and physics sections but it has quite a bit more than that

http://phys.org/

Last edited:
I was subscribed to probably 100 RSS feeds before my desktop failed (not the HDD so the data is fine but I'm obviously not reading it any more).
I've also almost finished writing a feed reader because lifrea wasn't working out for me.

I check the following all day every day:

n4g.com
engadget.com
theverge.com
macrumors.com
9to5mac.com
appleinsider.com
slashgear.com
anandtech.com
bbc.co.uk
twitter.com
ispreview.co.uk
aljazeera.com
gizmodo.co.uk

Those are my most visited news kind of sites. Then I have a few forums, 9gag, youtube, facebook once a week or so etc.

My net routine.

When I get on my computer I open outlook (email and rss feeds for game companies and hardware companies).

Then I check Facebook, Youtube for new videos, Vimeo, SourceFed and HardOCP. Usually has everything I need.

Then I check Engadget on my phone usually throughout the day.

Everything in my Google Reader:
e1c31cec87daa760c0f263f9aec2cabb.png

Back
Top Bottom