Newly Built Computer isant Getting Power HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojhk

Baseband Member
I just finished assembling my built computer, and now it is not getting power too it. Can anyone help me find out whats wrong? My system specs are:

SYBA PCI to Firewire 1394a 3+1 ports controller card, EVGA 256-P2-N553-AX Geforce 7600GT, XION _ Solaris XON-404 Case, SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 "not installed yet", MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2000MHz HT 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor, Patriot 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory, Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive, SONY DVD Burner

Have you tested your power supply to see if its good. Even new ones can be bad. Not often but it can happen. Do you have another power supply to test it with even an old one just to test.Or if you have a volt meter to test the power output of supply. Also check to make sure the case wires for your power switch is on the right pins.

Did you connect the power button to the motherboard properly? Read the manual to see where the jumpers are. That is an important step. Also, check to see if there is a switch on the back of the power supply. I cannot remember which way is on I usually keep flipping it and pressing the power until it turns on assuming that the button is connected properly. I sent you a PM. Hit me up if you need more help.

Can you give us more details about what happens? Do any of the LEDS on the case light up? Do any fans spin?

Not being a smart guy here, but start trouble shooting here....

-Make sure motherboard is mounted correctly, and not touching case chassis.
-Make sure case leads are plugged into proper pins on motherboard.
-Make sure that ATX power cable from PSU is fully plugged into motherboard.
-Make sure the BACK of the PSU is switched ON.
-Make sure power cable is fully plugged in.
-Make sure other appliances work when plugged into that wall socket (could be blown fuse or tripped circuit).

That is about it for now, if you have already checked, check everything AGAIN to be sure... Even unplug that part as you check it, make sure no pins are bent, and plug it in again. If you still have trouble from there, post up.

ok, No LEDs light up, No fans work, I plugged everything in fully and by the manual, The power cable is plugged completely in, My laptop is charging off the same plug, I dont know if it is touching the chassis, the switch is to the lil - and not the o

ok, got me a new PSU and now power comes on for a split second then everything goes off, have checked everything like 500 times, and still same thing, :angry: :grind: only min. is pluged up. The usb has 4 LEDS and they all light up red, in the manual it says that means something with the CPU so if anyone can help ASAP it would be great while I have help over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom