Newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojhk

Baseband Member
I just finished assembling my built computer, and now it is not getting power too it. Can anyone help me find out whats wrong?

Ok well first things first

I need your specs.

and I need to know if its posting or not?

Do the fans turn on?

Lord AnthraX said:
Ok well first things first

I need your specs.

and I need to know if its posting or not?

Do the fans turn on?

SYBA PCI to Firewire 1394a 3+1 ports controller card, EVGA 256-P2-N553-AX Geforce 7600GT, XION _ Solaris XON-404 Case, SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 "not installed yet", MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2000MHz HT 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor, Patriot 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory, Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive, SONY DVD Burner, no, I am on my laptop right now. Nope fans dont turn on.

Ok Try this.

Take one stick of ram out.

and keep one in.

and boot up.

Also you didnt list your PSU and that could probably be the problem as well.

Check all your connections, including the floppy if you have one... if that one is off then it won't power... if that doesn't work, then pull the battery for about 10 minutes with the power cable pulled off the PSU and reset the CMOS Also make sure tat you have the CPU fan connected into the right 3 pin slot, that can sometimes mess up the works

look at the back of your case and make sure the flip on your power supply is - instead of o. if that doens't work check your 4 square pin 12v connection to your motherboard

Take the mobo out and put on cardboard and see if it boots while on the cardboard. Could be a grounding issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom