Newb to OC'ing a GPU

Sedah

In Runtime
okay, I have the GTX 260 SSE,

I OC'ed it earlier today and did some test to see how much more it can be pushed and here are the results, I used OCCT to do the test etc. [tested for an 1hr then tested again for 2hrs and came out w/ no errors at all] and used 3DMarkVantage to see how much it brought the score up.

if its too small then click here. CLICK HERE FOR BIGGER PIC

so, the real question is, did I do it properly? and how else can I test it?

Techmaster05

Daemon Poster
so u bought the classified edition of the EVGA x58 board and you only got a GTX 260 ? lol just wondering but why did u do that ? like sure bragging rights i understand that and to have one of the best mobo's out their but why ? are you actually going to go tri-sli ? are going to oc your ram, cpu ?

also did u see your temps of the card under load ?

Techmaster05

Daemon Poster
look at his sig, says:

Evga A1 x58 SLI Classified

UPDATE: NOT TALKING ABOUT TRIVIUM IF THATS WHAT YOU MEANT

Sedah

In Runtime
so u bought the classified edition of the EVGA x58 board and you only got a GTX 260 ? lol just wondering but why did u do that ? like sure bragging rights i understand that and to have one of the best mobo's out their but why ? are you actually going to go tri-sli ? are going to oc your ram, cpu ?

also did u see your temps of the card under load ?
Im actually buying 2 more, so yes, tri-sli OR was jus goin to upgrade to 295; and for the temps load wise, highest it got was 64-65c nothing higher.

he doesn't have a x58 he has a GX?
i have a x58

to test more you can use ATI tool and click on scan for artifacts i think :)
ATITool doesnt work for my system, dats why I was using OCCT, and I test it out w/ crysis for an hour and it was running fine. but Im sure ive reached the limit to OC it.

Techmaster05

Daemon Poster
i think tri-sli'ing 260's is more powerful than the 295 but those 260's will take up a lot of room and will get a lot hotter, plus the 295 is a lot sexier, i can show u some pics i took of mine if you'd like ?

i live in florida to btw, in venice by sarasota

Sedah

In Runtime
i think tri-sli'ing 260's is more powerful than the 295 but those 260's will take up a lot of room and will get a lot hotter, plus the 295 is a lot sexier, i can show u some pics i took of mine if you'd like ?

i live in florida to btw, in venice by sarasota
yeah, that was my concern bout tri-sli, was that wouldnt have enuff room and would get hot much hotter, tahts why gettin a 295 was another option.