New York, home of the bait and switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Is new york the home of crooked camera shops? I was going to purchase my Nikon D60 from a place called "broadway photo". I look em up and find out that they sell out of country cameras without warranty and then pressure you to buy extra items by phone after you place your order.

So I look for another retailer and come up with 5 more shops doing the same thing. All of them based out of NY.

Finally I buy my camera from Ebay, read all the feedback and decided it was alright. So I after placing my order I get a call the next day on the answering machine saying they cannot process my order until I call to confirm. I call them and then sit through a 15 minute discussion on how I need a upgraded battery and I need a faster sd card... etc etc, blah blah. I didn't purchase anything and figured I was set.

I get home today and another message on the phone. I guess they figured they should give it another shot, I go through the shame spiel. But I get a "have a nice day *CLICK*" from some punk when I tell him I'm not interested.

Of course where is this shop located.... New York. :eek: Big surprise.

I have had my vent for the day. ;)

Doesn't Butterfly Camera do the same thing? Pretty crummy if you ask me, that's what sales people are there for in the store. Calling you about it afterwards is complete bull.

I wouldn't be surprised if you get another call once you've received from a friendly phone rep calling "just to confirm" and the noticing you can benefit by ordering an extra over priced memory card, extended battery, etc. I've heard a few stories like that!

Well congrats on the camera in any event, Nikon D60 is a good one especially for the price. Very capable DSLR, it's got my stamp of approval ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom