New Windows XP Pro install

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I'm finally using all legal OS now on all my computer. I had a software bug that caused my PC to restart every single time it goes to the Windows XP splash screen. Can't boot into SafeMode either. I unplugged all the USB cables, until left with bare minimum. Still no go.

I had my trusty laptop with me and copied over an ISO Windows XP Pro (direct download from MSDN with serial, under my name) onto my CD. Didn't want to copy to my DVD, hmmm, odd.

First thing I notice is it didn't need SATA drivers. It recognized my hard drive right off the bat. I remember when I installed crack version (Windows XP Corporate), it couldn't detect my SATA drive. I reformatted before with the Corp edition and always couldn't detect the drive. I would always have to install it off of a floppy all the time. I guess SP2 has better support. Needless to say, I feel free. I can get everything downloaded now from Microsoft without getting any cracks anymore, hehe. Media Player 11, IE7, and lots of other goodies. Dammit, it must have been something I downloaded off of Limewire and installed it. Dumb NIS didn't detect anything.

Now comes the tedious task of validating it. I hate that part. Reinstalling everything. This time, I'm getting the latest drivers for the motherboard and BIOS before I do anything else. So much to do still...

But the PC's running super fast again, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom